The Pearl Dream delivers educational and entertainment value to families and schools worldwide through our DreamAfrica app for mobile, web and TV. Our community of authors, artists and partners help us create a future with authentic and timeless African stories for kids around the world, who get unlimited access to ebooks, audio, animations and games on and offline from the world’s largest digital collection of African stories.
- February 28th 2013 – The Pearl Dream idea starts with initial focus on illustrating Folk Tales.
- March 1st 2013 – Joined Wework Labs NYC.
- April 9th 2013 – Incorporated The Pearl Dream Inc in Delaware, USA and set up office in NYC.
- November 15th – Launched DreamAfrica App in BETA on GooglePlay.
- December 1st – Launched DreamAfrica in BETA on the AppStore.
- January 10th 2014 – Featured in HumanIPO on BETA App launch.
- Q1 2014 – Redesigned website and app while raising funds.
- April 24th 2014 – Launched DreamAfrica at NY TechDay.
- June 2014 – Ghana’s Alltel Ltd Agrees to Pre-Install DreamAfrica on K-pad and K-Phone with potential to reach 1M+ users
- July 2014 – Top 40 Africa focused start-ups to Launch at DEMO AFRICA in Lagos, NG, Sep 22nd -26th
We launched The Pearl Dream, Inc. with a vision to deliver authentic African experiences to millions of people worldwide, on and offline. Our users appreciate the unlimited access to the world’s largest digital collection of African stories for kids through our DreamAfrica app for mobile, web and TV.
While we are in the business of story telling, we are humble enough to let others tell our story and were recently featured on VC4Africa, DEMO Africa Top 40, The Daily Nation (Kenya), Innov8tiv, TechMoran and HumanIPO.
Our team is comprised of young passionate professionals of diverse backgrounds and training.
From people like you dear reader.
- 100+ stories collected so far and growing.
- Our stories span a rich history of 54 countries.
- DreamAfrica captures the authentic culture of over 1 billion voices in Africa.
Relive the past, celebrate the present and create the future with timeless stories.
You too can contribute now: